FLYER SUPERCEDES BELOW RULES
IF YOU NEED TO TAKE A QUICK BREAK OR GRAB A BITE TO EAT, PLEASE ASK A TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL IF YOU HAVE TIME TO DO SO BEFORE YOUR NEXT MATCH.
Hats facing forward (with lip in front)
Jeans are allowed without rips, or holes, no sagging pants, and no jogging pants.
Socks with sneakers or shoes. No sandals during season.
Ear buds are allowed.
Anything with holes, rips, inappropriate content, vulgarity, violent content or sexual content will not be allowed. You will have 15 minutes to find new apparel.
This is all at the Tour Director's Discretion. Please contact us for any questions from this page.
Thank you. Play well, good luck, and may the rolls be with you!
RIDE THE 9 TOUR
MODIFIED BCA 8 BALL RULES 2018-2019
● Lag determines opening break.
● Rack your own.
● Winner breaks.
● Break from anywhere.
● CALL SHOT. In Call Shot, obvious balls and pockets do not have to be indicated. It is the opponent's right to ask which ball and pocket if he is unsure of the shot. Bank shots and combination shots are not considered obvious, and care should be taken in calling both the object ball and the intended pocket. When calling the shot, it is NEVER necessary to indicate details such as the number of cushions, banks, kisses, caroms, etc. Any balls pocketed on a foul remain pocketed, regardless of whether they belong to the shooter or the opponent.
● Four numbered balls must hit a rail or a ball must be legally pocketed during the break. If not, the break goes to the incoming player..
● If the cue ball does not contact the rack during the break, it is the opponents call whether or not to allow the same player to re-break.
● Push rule in effect.
● Legal jump cues are allowed (unless not allowed by room owner). Handmade jump cues and shaft only are not allowed.
● Frozen balls must be called prior to the opponents shot being made.
● A Ride The 9 team member must be made aware of all potential opponent’s fouls before they occur.
● Scratch on the break counts as a foul.
● Ball tapping is not allowed and results in a foul (includes tapping with any foreign object, including fingers).
● Three (3) consecutive fouls in one game is loss of game.
● If any ball leaves the table, other than being pocketed, it is a foul. Any numbered ball other than the 9 ball stays down. The 9 ball will be spotted.
● Scooping the cue ball is an illegal jump and results in a foul.
● Shooting while any ball is in motion, or touching any ball in motion, is a foul.
● Moving a single numbered ball prior to the shot, other than the lowest numbered ball on the table, is not a foul. Moving more than one numbered ball, or moving the lowest numbered ball on the table is a foul. In all cases, opponent reserves the right to return the balls to their original position or leave as lies.
● Moving a single numbered ball during the shot is not a foul unless hit with the tip of the stick or results in the ball interfering with the path of another ball. If the ball is struck with the tip of the cue, interferes with the path of another ball, or more than one numbered ball is moved, it is a foul. Opponent reserves the right to replace the ball/balls to their original position or leave as lies.
● Conceding will result in a loss of current game and next game. Breaking down your cue is considered a concession of game.
● Three warnings during any one game is a loss of game.
● You are not allowed to use your cell phone when it is your turn at the table.
● Un-sportsmanlike conduct results in a loss of game or suspension based on tour directors discretion.
● We have the right to refuse any player.
DUE TO POTENTIAL TIME CONSTRAINTS, WE WILL BE ENFORCING PENALTIES, INCLUDING MATCH FORFEITS, FOR PLAYERS NOT BEING AT THE TABLE AT THE TIME OF THEIR MATCH.